Monday, October 6, 2008

Learning is Entertainment.

I like to command a corner. My alertly seated view from the window, all the way down to 0’-0” AFF. I control much more power simultaneously observing down two streets at the nearby corner. Even though big firearms are not even useful these days, and not very legal in my neighborhood; I can see where they could be helpful with some projects.

My view provides an advantage over ground pedestrians. While they are busy scanning their 2 dimensional world for danger or pleasure or both, they rarely notice an observer from above.

Phone conversations are pleasantly revealing. Especially the small pacing radius of the soon to be extinct pay phones. Gestures and postures are readable from afar.

I can often deduce the thoughts of walkers below. I can see the top of that woman’s head turned slightly, with enough eye rotating angle left - she is watching that stylish man across the street, while attempting to not appear so. I can tell from his gait, he does not notice her, even after she stumbles on a crack.

I can read the thoughts of someone staring, head forward of the shoulders, his line of sight down the sidewalk to a large man. Then he gets distracted by a tire squeak, turning his head toward the sound. When he remembers his original interest, he looks back down the sidewalk. I see he cannot locate that guy using the shoulder and head weaving technique. He looks at the ground forgetting why he was tracking the man. Looking up, he makes a quick scan around to see if anyone noticed his confusion (or maybe looking for something else). He turns and leans with arms cocked, stops, turns 180 and trots away.

Though the talkers sometimes have enough leftover brain processing to actually look up.

I fully enjoy my leisure time. hmm perhaps foolishly.

Skeletons are for Archaeologists

No comments: