Friday, November 21, 2008

Observed Rate Variation

I am always interested in a little disaster. The coming climate change will cause Ontario to get a bit warmer, maybe more recreation areas will develop.

I am curious to see how people will deal with the rising water level. I can see Manhattan becoming like Venice. The low areas will flood. I can see water two or three stories deep around Canal Street. Hmm, where would the fake designer bag sellers and the video tapes movie DVD peddlers go?.Wall Street buildings would also have to be converted. The lower floors would be abandoned with a new primary floor to be built just above water level with exterior docks. I imagine there would be various small ferries in use to cross the area at Canal. Doesn’t sound too bad to me.

However, I imagine Manhattan could gather the money to build a wall around the city to keep the water out. I would guess Brooklyn could not. The artist buildings in Dumbo could be converted but the

The rest of the coasts would not be able to build walls fast enough. I could see Miami Beach being completely submerged early, the land is inches above sea level. Possibly taller buildings could be occupied at higher floors, with people getting around by boat or personal water craft, but being right on the Atlantic Ocean would pose difficulties.

I am curious enough to want to see this in my lifetime.

No comments: