Thursday, April 9, 2009

An Afternoon-to-Evening Time Unit

On Friday, My concrete guy called at noon saying it was time to sail; he would pick me up in 20 minutes. 15 minutes later I was in the car with the beer on the way to the boat. A beautiful day of sailing commences.

On land in the evening, I walked a mile down the street over the river to a gallery; things were starting well, many interesting bodies there. Went to the corner intersection to collect some more friends. There seemed to be performance art going on. This is a 6-cornered large intersection marking the center of the gentrified former artist district. One corner had 3 people twirling batons with fringe standing in the street. A pretty spectacle. A standing jamming guitarist accompanied them. Then on another corner, a guy was on a pedestal in a white wedding dress loudly reading poetry from a notebook with his beard. Beside him on both flanks were conga players; the guys were making a heavy rhythm. Across the street were some dudes in dresses doing karaoke requests with an unplugged microphone. Another corner had a guy in a wig holding crackers softly yelling “this is matzo ……this IS matzo” to a woman in a chair looking forward while making tai chi gestures. One of the most surreal things I witnessed was a woman in full burger king uniform, visor and nametag, walk through a group gawking, not noticing the irony. There were more acts and costumed people. Occasionally they would stop the acts and just yell heyyyyy while pointing across the streets at each other. I asked some of the guys how they were affiliated and what the occasion was. He said they were on their 9th week there. The performance art pleased me, making me think the artists were retaking the neighborhood.

I found one of my guys and went to look for the others in a coffee shop. I was required to talk to a couple of single girls in front of me. I asked them about my missing friends and the establishment. I told them about the party down the street at the erotic gallery.

My guy and I went back there and chatted up the leather and rubber girls and some normally dressed suburban girls with outstanding bodies. There was a rubber dress girl with a slave guy who held an ashtray and followed her. The coffee shop girls showed up with wide eyes. They learned new things there. The show contained very well done drawings and many small top quality remarkably sexy/clean girl photos with little nudity. Buy a large print. Also in the back room were digital prints of a woman and her copy wearing different sexy outfits or spanking each other. There was a poorly dressed transvestite talking with a sexy redhead in a miniskirt and her boyfriend. Red was saying and gesturing how she always takes the stairs and parks far away. They must have been discussing why her ass and legs looked so good. Fun atmosphere. Proprietress Ms Marilyn was dressed nice with her short leather skirt and fish net rest. With her wild hair she was the perfect hostess.

July , 2001


New Architecture

No comments: