Saturday, August 30, 2008

Conversation Swirling Into Cocktail 2

There were several people I know and more I didn’t. Champagne was all there was to drink. Yack yak yak. oooo dinner. Very good food. Heard stories from the French artist, the leading turkish video maker, and some Israeli dude. Then some walking around.

A very good house for a party. 5 floors, each with different flavored rooms and a bathroom on each floor. Many kisses at the bell. Numerous interesting people: the guy who takes photos of large groups of naked people that I had heard about (we almost got him to take us all on the roof), the man of the house was a gallery owner but I thought he was a dick (and I told my friends), the german fashion designer with her sexy pants, and the other artists. I even got a chance to show off my new red silk, then my boxers were photographed. We talked about many interesting things like our era in history, the nature of art, and the future of art. I also had a good talk with a beautiful woman about atheism. She had apparently inadvertently scared someone off and was looking for a kindred spirit. She’s lucky to have found me. The hostess was also great. Maybe 2 single women there.

My anxiety about the drug situation was exaggerated. There was a pile of coke and generous lines for everyone, but none of that nonstop peer pressure sort of coke party I have seen before. It was very nice. Many of us danced to old disco. Ugh I can barely make myself dance to that even though I danced most of the night.

A huge group of us left at the same time. The hostess told me without solicitation that I added a lot. We walked to an avenue contemplating taxis. At the corner a few minutes later, a limousine was flagged down. It was empty, on its way back to the livery. A fare downtown was negotiated. We were on our way to the west side of Soho to a restaurant we use for a treehouse. The limo was packed; the gangsta rap was a welcome change. Damn this limo is beat up: hanging headliner, bad seats, scratched window tint. What a comfortable ride though, and the whole posse for $30.

The restaurant that we usually have to ourselves was full of strangers. Damn not so much fun. Still we hung out ‘til dawn. I made my rounds with the parting smooches and had a delightful walk home at sunrise with my protective boots.


Landscape-With-Volcano--millerx

No comments: