Saturday, August 23, 2008

Old People

Out one afternoon

An engineer friend of mine wanted to end our bicycle ride at a bar. Into the nearby Alcohol Abuse Center we had beers. There was a pool table, my man want to play and

Picked up a dollar of tip money asking the bartender for quarters for pool. The ‘tender yelled back “Pool is Free” huagh? Responded the engineer. “Pool is Free” huh? …I had to tell him it was free. Checking the table he asked the drinking partner “… …. something something …. …. … . . .mmmmm I wonder how long the old man has been playing”… “I hate old people” he says with a grin. He asks the bartender about the old man “he always there, never loses” … “well get ready we are going to beat the old man,

I hate old people” he says with a grin and charm

Bartender laughs out loud

I think he is kind of telling the truth

Tall Skinny seventy something year old wrinkly dude with a farmer cap. A bit fidgety. He played very well in his light colored slacks and open toe shoes

Occasionally missed

Tended to poke all of his balls to one corner

Didn’t lose

In his comfortable shoes


The Secret Interior Gloom

No comments: